Friday, September 08, 2006

When America goes the way of the Roman Empire, it won't be nuclear war, invasion by the commies, or even moral decay from the inside caused by professional wrestling. I'm convinced that the Internet and all the entertaining ways it allows us to waste our days away is going to cause us to slip into further mediocrity. So sayeth the yahoo on the Internet blogging away.

Sites like YouTube have got to be right at the top of that list of sites that is going to accelerate this process. I have to force myself to limit time there to just five minutes or so a day. Too much more, and I'd find hours at a time slipping past me.

There's much better stuff on YouTube to be found than this, but several of these cartoons left me chuckling out loud and grateful that no one was around to hear my chortling. Call them inspired revisions of classic movies, and how they might have turned out with just a slight twist coming down the stretch. There are quite a few to choose from, but my favorites were Star Wars, Superman: The Movie, Saving Private Ryan, Se7en, and (without question, my favorite take) Lord of the Rings.

Chortle away.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PHSChemGuy said...

Cold North Gamer checks your blog? You suck, coach...

And I'm digging the website, too...especially enjoyed the Matrix...

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home